Monday, June 23, 2008

Podcast Opportunities



I went into Online education database and Yahoo podcasts search with some interest but soon I was mentally back at university wondering why can't I understand any of this stuff?

Am I an idiot, I wondered. Of course I'm not an idiot, none of us are; totally. It's just either the recording situation or the speaker is not up to par. This issue was highlighted for me the more podcasts I looked at.

If we want to use this media at the State Library I would hope that we would consider:
  1. Choosing a form of file that is compatible with a wide range of recievers (does everyone have/want ITunes?).
  2. Get a type of file that downloads quickly (do you really want to spend a long time downloading a file?).
  3. Make recordings that are of a good quality (clear to listen to and the speaker actually knows how to speak).

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

You make some good points - if we're going to broadcast we need to do it to a good / accessible standard.

Mylee (PLS)