Sunday, June 22, 2008

ABC and British Museum Podcasts


I went onto the ABC podcast site and found an episode of the Gruen Transfer (which I watched at home). What an opportunity we have now, you can catch up with back episodes of your favourite shows and documentaries.

I listened to Evelyn Waugh's voice that the British Museum has in their collection. This made me think of all the oral history tapes we have in the Library. Podcasts connected to the State Library's website would be a wonderful way to make them available.

Regina Sutton has already made use of podcasts so we can visit or revisit Towne meetings and other presentations on the intranet. I think we are just chipping away at the potentiality of this medium. With the popularity of MP3 players I think we've got something.

No comments: