Monday, June 9, 2008

Del.icio.us - Technorati - Library Thing


Del.icio.us is a must; after a few of these Learning 2.0 sessions I can't even remember what all these sites were. So I started adding some of the sites to my Del.icio.us account as a way of keeping notes. I had a little problem working out where I put the URL from my blog but I suppose I should have looked at the notes from Sharon Morris first.

Technorati is interesting, a way of getting into all the blogs out there by subject. I have started a blog on my own interest and am hoping to tag it and so get people to access it out there on the internet. Otherwise you just don't have a hope (I seem to have the same name as a Canadian detective T.V. program character - so as far as everyone out there is concerned I'm a blind detective with a dog).

Library Thing was cool but I have some reservations. I thought there were privacy issues involved with telling people what books you were interested in; I think they have laws about this in the U.S.A. I suppose when you get onto Library Thing you don't tag all those books about terrorism and the middle east.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I'd like to see tags and tag clouds in our catalog someday soon - giving people more ways to find what they're looking for.

Library Thing for Libraries is a great reader's advisory tool.

Mylee (PLS)