Friday, May 9, 2008

Wiki Wacky Wiki, Wiki Wacky Woo!


I'm up to week four on the Learning 2.0 course (two point zero, or two point nought?) and I am still surprised how many people I talk to in the lift that say "no I haven't done my blog yet because I'm too busy". They say it like they were being incredibly worthy for having the self control not to get into this exercise at all. Weird!

We're all busy, but we all need to get smart too if the Library is to move forward. I try to work out why this happens because that's the way I am. I like to work things out, to learn things and I don't want the library to be split into people who benefit from useful programs like this and people who don't.

This morning I sat in with one of my colleagues and talked her through setting up her blog, a process that gave her some encouragement and gave me some experience in training. A win win situation. If we don't take these opportunities when they come up, they might not come up again. We lose individually and so does the Library as a whole.

1 comment:

Natarsha said...

I agree White, it's really important that everyone has a go at this excellent learning module. I'm trying to encourage as many people as I can too. I think that the more people talk about it, then the busy people will get so curious that they'll have to take a look!