Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Light bulb moment



Doing the exercise on how to "embed" a You Tube video into my blog I found out how many Librarians it takes to figure out how to do it. We all thought we were pretty smart but its not as obvious as all that. I learnt:


  1. Some videos don't want to be embeded (like the Librarians at Work video from the Australian National Library - maybe because it showed them having much too much fun at their Christmas party).
  2. You can post things to all sorts of different parts of your blog; like the side bar, I had no idea. I suppose I would have found it sooner or later.
  3. It took three of us several tries. That's how many librarians it takes to change a light bulb. One to type and two to say "try pasting the link there".
  4. Obviously it makes the learning "journey" (how I hate that hackneyed expression!) easier if you phone or in our case email a friend.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Your blogs are great, we look forward to more.