Saturday, July 5, 2008

All the bells and whistles (Explore -- Week 13)


I got quite excited about Slide share and Thumstacks. Another cool way to share slideshows. Something I could see being used widely for training purposes. A good way to share powerpoint presentations.

Googledocs and Zoho had a lot of good office applications: Googledocs is good for sharing documents without the hastle of having to be in the same R drive group; Zoho was good for Zoho Meeting and Zoho Projects and very cool because it lets you chat while you work on documents in real time.

I didn't really get Zamzar till I started trying to download a document to Googledocs from my home Del computer that uses Windows Vista. I needed to save the document in rich text or a typ of file that Googledocs accepted. One of the draw backs of beeing the leader of the pack (ha, ha).

I had this one thought though, aren't some of these apps. standard features on your home computer these days? Like Picnik is part of the Windows Photo Gallery on my p.c. The "cool" thing is probably that it is free.

No comments: